He’s Good Enough, He’s Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Jeff!

You can ask anyone who knows Jeff Molander and they will tell you that he doesn’t have any friends.

When I decided to play a joke on Jeff at the Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas, humoring the tag that he and Beth Kirsch have going and asked people to choose a team, many said they would choose the Molander team, they figured someone had to, they didn’t think anyone else would.

During the Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas, you would see Jeff wearing his business attire, in serious conversations with people. Sometimes getting so caught up in conversations that he completely would completely forget about other meetings he had set up.(NOTE: I do have Jeff on my voice mail saying these exact words – “I am sorry, I apologize“. If anyone yearns to hear these words from Jeff, let me know and I will be happy to let you take a listen. I do believe this is going to be a rare collectible.)

After business hours however, you see a different Jeff. Off comes the jacket, baring his manly pink shirt. Suddenly he grows a personality. He is animated, he is funny, and he is actually (GASP!) a nice person. Everyone wants to be around Jeff when he lets loose, when he forgets about playing “The Jeff”. He really knows how to shake his booty when he wants to. (I have witnesses!)

After attending the Affiliate Summit and spending some time with Jeff, I find that he really does have friends; people like to hang out with him. I just have not found anyone who will admit to it.

About Connie Berg

Connie Berg is the Founder of FlamingoWorld.com and iShopDaily.com. Founded in 1998, FlamingoWorld.com offers discounts and coupons from online retailers, while iShopDaily.com focuses on price comparison and product search. ForMeToCoupon.com is a new venture which offers an automated, customized affiliate coupon feed which consolidates coupons and deals across all major affiliate networks in a standard format. You can find Connie on Twitter @connieberg.

10 Responses to He’s Good Enough, He’s Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Jeff!

1. Wayne Porter says:

I admit it. But only for the sake of good debate and arguments over anything and everything. That’s what I like about Jeff- nothing like a good intellectual fight.

-wayne

2. Wayne Porter says:

Jeff also imports a great kool-aid tasting grape drink from Bulgaria. If he drank it more often he would be a softer guy.

3. David Lewis says:

I like the Jeff Molander who shows up at these shows. I just wish he would fire the [expletive deleted] who he has pretending to be him online when he is off on his tropical island enjoying his windfall from founding Affiliate Marketing.

4. David Lewis says:

All of these comments seem to be about that great guy who shows up in public. Jeff, please fire that guy who you have posting for you in forums and comments on blogs!

5. I am a proud bearer of a Jeff Molander T-Shirt, in fact I wore mine on the plane ride home. Jeff’s passion and reverence for the e marketing community is something I admire and respect, he has the client’s best interest in mind something I agree with. I also admit to being a witness to the incredible bootie shaking going on during and after the Partnercentric Inc, Digital River- One Network “Pure imagination party” at the Wynn hotel and casino!

6. Mike Bump says:

Jeff and our fearless leader Linda Woods have a lot in common. They are both entrenched in the online affiliate business (and have been since it’s inception), trusted, well respected and liked for their honest approach to growing the affiliate marketing sales channel.

Oh, and from being at the Tuesday night party at Wynn Las Vegas, I can testify that they both can “shake their respective booty”.

7. Jim Kukral says:

I’m glad I left the party and missed Jeff’s bootie shaking. Shudder. Although, come to think of it, he did look swanky in that leather sport coat.

8. Jimmy Daniels says:

He was checking you out too Jim. 😉

9. Wayne Porter says:

David,

You must have missed the obvious. The Jeff that goes to the shows is an android. The REAL Jeff controls the droid from his evil master hive in the heart of Chicago like some demented nut.

-wayne

10. Pretty funny stuff. 🙂 I'm sorry I missed the gathering.

On a serious note, the Jeff Molanders of this world provide a very valuable service to a "Blog" such as this, who one day hopes to build a robust "Community"! 🙂

Jeffs views are often contrary to the "flavor of the moment", the lockstep mind set, he challenges the very foundation on which many of you make your living, and rather than join the throng of a a common mindset, he challenges many of you to not only examine yourselves, but examine an industry which has very very serious challenges 🙂 Not to mention that he brings forth insecurities in the industry and flames directed at him.

Given this, you should consider yourselves fortunate to have the postings of a Molander!

🙂